The RIGHT Thing A Real Estate Agent Must Do
How can anyone, ever, be capable of adhering the highest ethical behavior, as well as proceeding in a focused, client-oriented manner, unless he, first, understands the necessities, and what it means? A real estate agent must be ready, willing and able to differentiate, and distinguish right, from wrong (or, at least, less than right), and realize what it means, to do the RIGHT things! Let’s take a brief look at this important, essential, conduct and behavior, using the mnemonic approach.
1. Realistic; reasonable; rationale; real estate: How can a real estate agent, truly serve the best interests of his clients, until/ unless he clearly explains and articulates, some of the basics, they need to know and understand? Doesn’t it make sense to explain your rationale and philosophy, at the outset? so you proceed, on the same page? Are you being reasonable, in your expectations, if you don’t realize, you are the professional, who has the training, knowledge, experience, and expertise, and the clients generally lack that depth of understanding? Have you explains the significance of realistic pricing, staging, marketing, and expectations?
2. Imagination; integrity; ideas: Will you proceed with the necessary degree of imagination, to see the potential of a property, and be capable of articulating this to potential buyers, in a clear-cut, motivational, revealing manner? Will you explain fully, to your clients, ideas which should best serve their needs, goals, and priorities? Remember, you must maintain the highest level of absolute integrity, and consistent commitment to professional ethics!
3. Green: Does a particular property have any particular, green features, especially in markets where there is an increasing degree of attention, being paid, on environmental issues? Have you fully explained, these, in terms of benefits, such as air quality, cost – savings/ efficiencies, value, etc?
4. Humane; hear: Prioritize listening effectively, and commit to learning from everything you hear, witness and/ or experience! A Realtor must be more than a mere, technical adviser and/ or expert, but must focus on his client’s needs and concerns, in the most consistently humane manner!
5. Timely: Quality agents effectively respond to all inquiries, concerns, etc, in a timely, well – considered, thorough way! One’s explanation must be satisfying to your client, not just, to you!